Mimi & Brian Tie the Knot!

9-9-06 has passed! We are finally married!

Friday, April 28, 2006

Soda Jerk

Nuts! I knew our caterer was providing coffee, tea, and water. And, I had spoken to my dad about the beer and liquor. I somehow didn’t think of the fact that we would need in-between non-alcoholic options as well. We did not budget for soda or juice but I don’t think there’s any getting around it. Sigh, one more thing.

Some good news: a contract for the tent is on its way to us and we may have found a less-expensive officiant who also seems to possess the skills and traits (read literate) that we were hoping for. I’m working on the chairs which are a pain in the butt (ha-ha!) because they will need to be carried up on to the deck of the ship.

We’re thinking of blocking off some rooms at one of the downtown hotels but it’s a little hard to tell how much of a need there is. Will folks from A2 want to stay overnight? Family from Michigan? We don’t have many friends/family who will actually have to fly in (though we can’t wait to see those who are: yay Betsy, Nick, Bart, and Liz!!!) so it’s tough to estimate. I think we’ll go ahead and do it since nothing is lost if no one ends up using them.

We have an appointment with the caterer and will also pick up cake samples from one of two bakeries we are considering on the 6th. On the 13th I'll go to the shop where I'm getting my dress and see how all that taking-in is going (it's being taken in from a size 20)...that's going to be really exciting.

Everything is coming along and it feels pretty good (even though I did freak out about the soda thing, sorry Brian).

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home