Mimi & Brian Tie the Knot!

9-9-06 has passed! We are finally married!

Monday, April 03, 2006

Carrot Cake vs. Chocolate Cake

We've been busy lately...looking for a wedding officiant, bakery testing, checking out the reception site (again), etc. We found an officiant that is a definite maybe. Her background in communication and theater is very appealing but she's incredibly expensive - more than twice as much as anyone else we've come across. Officiant shopping is proving difficult as we want someone with a personality, but at least I, and I think Brian a bit, too, shy away from those with religious backgrounds - even those willing to conduct un-religious ceremonies. Most of them want a donation made to their church which isn't so bad except then I feel like I have to shop around so that our money doesn't end up in a church we completely disagree with. We can go the judge route, but then I feel like I need to know their political backgrounds so our money doesn't end up in Texas. I know, I think too much! Anyway, it's proving quite the task.

Last Saturday we bought cupcakes at two of our favorite bakeries: Wixey and Sweet Occasions (formerly Strauss). After careful deliberation, thorough research assisted with milk to cleanse the palette, and input from family members....we ended up with an even-split vote!

After picking up the aforementioned yumminess, we stopped by the train station which was set up for a wedding. It was set up completely different from the last time we saw it so that was interesting. The layout is a bit unique...so we're tossing around ideas for how we want it.

Speaking of tossing things around, when we made it home the next day I nearly tossed the centerpieces out of the window. Brian has agreed to take the lead on that project because my frustration with following through on what had seemed a simple and easy idea is mounting. Sorry, can't give too many details out or you guys won't have a reason to come (i.e. if you know everything about the day).

Lastly, we stopped by a salon named Ahava (www.ahavaspa.com) that's right downtown so it would be super convenient to get my hair done there. Don't know much about it, but it looks nice. Still deciding...hair up or down?

M

3 Comments:

  • As a cake taster, I can attest to the fact that both bakeries are excellent. We probably just confused the whole thing--as in too many people have too many opinions. I liked the cake of one and frosting of the other. Go figure.

    It is fun hearing all about your challenges and how you overcome them, or how you plan to overcome them. And, we can collect and save the Peeps we get for easter for table decorations :-)

    Love, Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/05/2006 09:05:00 PM  

  • I am a hair-up kinda person, esp. because you may get kinda warm depending on the weather. I don't know what your dress is like either, but I was incredibly warm in mine, not to mention the temp was about 84 degrees with high humidity. Good luck with the rest of the planning!

    By Blogger Jen Carr, at 4/06/2006 10:54:00 AM  

  • OK,now I've seen the dress. Hair up, I think!

    By Blogger Jen Carr, at 4/06/2006 08:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home