Mimi & Brian Tie the Knot!

9-9-06 has passed! We are finally married!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Updates ala Mimi

Just wanted to share some additional progress we made the same weekend we got our marriage license... we also met with Shelly at Keeler Florist to talk wedding flowers. I worked for Shelly at Nothtowne Flowers for a few years back in my high school - early college years. Actually, Brian bought me roses from the shop for our first official date! Anyway, because I have complete faith in her and know that she'll do a great job, I wasn't real worried about making sure I got the flowers taken care of sooner. It was so fun to be on the other side of the consultation table and to have someone who played such an important role in my life help me select flowers!

Also that weekend, we pretty much finalized our honeymoon plans. For those who may have forgotten, we'll be going to a Mechanical Engineering conference in Philly (!) and then heading to the Poconos Mountains. Our flight is booked (we'll be leaving Sunday night) as is our hotel room at The Stroudsmoor which looks beautiful. All that's left is the car rental.

Everyone keeps asking me if I'm getting more and more nervous the closer the day comes. Honestly, no. The closer we get, the calmer I feel. Everything just feels right. Also, for some reason, now that the shower has passed things just seem less stressful.

Upcoming events: I have a dress fitting on Saturday and Brian and I will also be meeting with the bakery to finalize things later that day.

Oh! and the bridesmaid dresses are in! So, all the gals are scheduling their fittings as well.

More to come...
M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home